Current Trends in Intellectual Property and Advertising Law
The Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance is sponsoring a conference, “Current Trends in Intellectual Property and Advertising Law,” which will take place on March 9, 2023 in Mexico City. The conference is being produced in cooperation with GALA’s Mexican member, Arochi & Lindner, and various local organizations, including Concamin, Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados, Consejo de la Comunicacion, and Asociacion Mexicana de Derecho y Publicidad.
The full-day event will cover a wide range of topics, including hot topics in Mexican intellectual property law, ambush marketing, influencers and social media, media buying, and advertising in the metaverse. The event will include speakers from government and the judiciary, representatives from self-regulatory organizations and major corporations, and lawyers from around the world, including Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Spain, and the United States.
Ambush Marketing Panel Speakers:
- Paula Fernandez Pfizenmaier, Legal Central Sr Manager – Intellectual Property / Mercado Libre
- Paavana L. Kumar, partner of Davis+Gilbert LLP
- Juan Carlos Uribe, partner of TRIANA, URIBE & MICHELSEN
- Kelly Harris, Harris + co.
- Juliana N. Albuquerque, Director of CONAR